Friday, June 10, 2005

A Poem

Poetry has never been "my thing." I did, however, do the "worship of Rod McKuen" thing when I was young--I think it was required at the time. :) I completely blame my high school English teacher for my lack of enthusiasm for poetry. He never allowed us to read poetry just for pure pleasure--everything had to be analyzed to death. While I CAN appreciate good poetry, I never seek it out. So, with that in mind, I offer my only serious attempt at writing a poem. (This is several years old.)



TO YOU


you

HURT me

with your words

BUT

you

KILL me

with your silence


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That so few words can say so much.....

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...