Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Wildlife

This morning I was about to open the blind in the kitchen nook when I heard the crows making an awful lot of noise. Now, this isn't all that unusual--the crows like to hang out in our yard to drive the cat crazy! (How DARE they come into HER yard!) The tone to their voices was a bit different, so I knew something was up and I decided to watch out the window for awhile. I sure didn't have to wait long and there, running through our yard, was a fox. And as I watched, it JUMPED over the fence into the neighbor's yard! It proceed to run around, jumping fences, for about five minutes, came back into our yard and ran down the driveway--I am assuming it was going home! Now, it is not at all unusual for us to have deer, birds (including the pair of ducks), chipmunks, grey squirrels, rabbits, skunks, and raccoons, but this is the first time we have seen a fox. From now on, I will only be surprised if I happen to see a bear, coyote, or moose in our yard. When those events occur, I will then have TRULY seen everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...