Saturday, January 15, 2005

Deep Freeze

Well, the temperature outside is lower than some home freezers are set. I don't think it went above zero today, but I might be wrong--not by much, though. The lousiest part of the bitter cold is the fact that our windows frost over. Living in an old house really has some drawbacks. It isn't much fun to open the blinds in the morning and seeing actual ice built up around the window frame--is not very good for the windows, either. Oh, well, this too shall pass. At least we don't have to worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, heat waves..... As of a couple of years ago I would have put floods in with this list, but after the dam burst of '03 we know floods are a definite possibility! I'm not really sure how long the cold is supposed to last, but I really don't have to leave the house if I don't want to, so I don't much care. At least we aren't getting a lot of snow--keeps K. from having to be out shovelling and risking frost bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...