Sunday, October 04, 2009

Yucky Weekend

Things happening lately have lead to a rather yucky weekend. First off, I am on another blood pressure medication and I don't think I'm doing so well. Just before our trip to the Twin Cities, I had an appointment with my internist. Once again, he wasn't happy with my blood pressure. He figures, since I'm on BP meds, my 'white coat syndrome' shouldn't rear its ugly head when I go to the office. The numbers don't go up THAT much, usually, but he doesn't want them up at all. So, he prescribed a new med. I don't do well whenever he increases my meds--he has done it before and I have bad results. I have been taking 1/2 of a pill every day--as per his instructions--and haven't been able to try the whole pill because I'm not getting used to the 1/2. I'm feeling quite fatique and just not able to get things done unless I push myself. And if I actually do too much one day, I'm not good for a couple of days after. I'm supposed to go in and have my BP checked after 4 weeks, but I don't think I will be on the pills that long. I will be going off of them this week--after talking to the dr's office. This is the second time he has increased my dosage and the second time I've had the same reaction. And I was feeling so good BEFORE he went and messed with my meds! Sometimes my doctor pisses me off--even though I adore him!

And, of course, the other pissy thing happening this weekend is sports related. The Wings lost both games in Sweden and the Tigers pissed away their playoff spot.

With all of the hype over the Wings playing in Sweden, you would have thought they would have put forth a better effort than they did, but noooooooooo. With eight Swedes on the team, the Wings are practically the Swedish National team--and they sucked eggs in both games. I hope this isn't a preview of what's to come this year. It could be a VERY bad season for me.

The Tigers were, just recently, seven games up over the Twins--well on their way to clinching the Central and a playoff spot. HA!!! They played like a minor league team in the last couple of weeks, losing their lead completely, and now they have to face the Twins in a game to determine who gets to the playoffs. If I didn't want to see if--and that is a very big IF--the Tigers could win the pennant, I would just say they don't deserve to go on. They haven't been playing like they actually WANT to win, so...

To make things even better, my dryer crapped out on Friday night. In the middle of doing laundry. It has been giving me problems for a couple of weeks--it would stop in the middle of a dry cycle--but other than having to run up and down to the basement every half hour or so, I was able to get the laundry done. Well, on Friday it completely stopped heating, as well. Now we have to figure out if it can be fixed or if we need to go out and get a new one. Yippee! Another added expense.

The only bright spot in this whole mess is our local Junior hockey team. They won their two-game series this weekend, which puts their record at 7-1 and keeps them in first place in their division. I don't know if we'll get to see them again before the Pink game, as we will be on a road trip for part of next weekend. It would be nice if they didn't have to go so far for their away games, but they are at home almost every other weekend. It helps to keep it a bit fresh for us.

I'm hoping this next week will wind up a bit better. It will be a bit hard, considering I have to 'have it out' with my doctor, have to go and get my flu shot, and have to get ready to go out of town for the weekend. I want to have hope that the Tigers will win the game, that the Wings will win beginning Thursday, and that I will have a dryer so I can wash clothes before I have to pack on Thursday. At least I have the road trip to look forward to on Friday. And some very adult beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...