Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Day in the Life

I am slowly getting used to the new normal. Some days are busier than others and some days I do absolutely nothing. It works. Today, I was out-and-about, so time moved a bit quicker than normal. I actually am thinking about getting ready for bed here and it is not even 9:30! Yeah, life has changed...

For whatever reason, I woke up at 7:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried, but my body said 'NO,' so I started to move around by 8:00. I made coffee, turned on the computer, emptied the dishwasher, and got all of the kinks out that I could. The older I get, the harder it is to just get up and running after sleep...my muscles atrophy overnight, I believe. I think if I stayed in one position for more than four hours straight, I would just turn to stone. Age has plenty of disadvantages.

While I drank my coffee and ate breakfast--and I can't for the life of me remember what I ate--I read my email and the news headlines. (THAT will give you heartburn in a mighty hurry...thankfully, I take Prevacid every morning!) I putsied around the interwebs for a bit--Twitter, Facebook, etc--and then went to shower.

I started out early enough today, so I was able to be very leisurely about getting ready to go out. I had a hair appointment across town and got there in plenty of time. After I had my hair 'did,' I went to the produce store on that end of town. They have as many local items as they can, and if not local, at least grown in the state. I have had good luck with the produce from there...it seems to stay fresh longer than what I get in the grocery stores. For the first time, I bought cotton candy grapes. I found them to be quite good and they did remind me of cotton candy. I think what I like best was the lack of tartness that green grapes usually have...these were quite sweet and mild. I also bought some peaches and I will be interested to see how happy I am with them. I usually buy nectarines, so we'll see.

Also, since I was on that end of town, I stopped at our local pet store. This is not your ordinary pet store, however. They not only cater to household pets, but they have what you might need for your horses and other grain eating animals. They have gardening supplies and whatever is needed to feed any outdoor critters. The place has almost a warehouse atmosphere and has been a staple in our town for quite a few years. As winter is fast approaching, I decided it was time to start stockpiling food for my winter critters. The Youngest and her husband gave me a galvanized garbage can that they no longer need, so I have a great place to store what I buy. I figure I'll get a little at a time and have more than enough to get through the first part of the winter, anyway.

I am doing a little more of this type of 'running around' as time goes on. These are the kinds of things that The Husband and I would do together, so it is an adjustment to do these on my own. It is nice to be in a small city, however, as I don't feel 'alone' when I'm in these stores. The people working in them are so nice and sweet that I want to take them all home with me! It's nice to see that there still are some businesses that like to take good care of their customers.

When I got home, I put my purchases away and got into more comfortable attire. (I'm relying on my slippers a little too much these days.) I had grapes for a snack while watching a hockey game and that pretty much brought me to this point. Nothing earth shattering, just a pleasant day running a few errands in a leisurely fashion. I can do days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...