Thursday, September 19, 2019

The World Is Going Crazy With All This 'Wokeness'

Image result for go dog go

Most of the posts that I do are about personal things. I tend not to get political, or comment on current events. I find this to be a good thing...keeps this blog from blowing up. That is, if anyone actually finds and reads it. 😁 But there are times when I just can't ignore something, and this is one of those times...

Political correctness is killing us. There isn't a thing, anymore, that can be enjoyed without someone telling us we're not allowed to. Whether it's racist, cultural appropriation, misogynistic, etc, there are very few things that someone, somewhere, doesn't call out. It is exhausting just trying to remember what we are, and are not, allowed to say, do, like. While I don't agree with most of this stuff, I DO watch myself...I don't want to 'trigger' or offend anyone. And for the most part, my friends and relatives stay away from this stuff, too. That is why, when someone from The Family shows an absolutely insane opinion about something, it pisses me off. And I have to vent.

A niece posted the link to this article on Facebook...she agreed with it. An Open Letter to the Female Hat-Wearing Dog From “Go Dog, Go” My eyes rolled so far in the back of my head that I could see my brain! I don't get it!

The author of this article is upset with a children's book. A book that is in the same vein as a Dr Seuss book. Just a simple little book that teaches children to read. Nothing earth shattering about it and not much of a story line, but simple readers don't really have much of a story line. (Remember 'Dick and Jane?') The one possible story line in "Go Dog, Go" involves a female dog asking a male dog if he likes her hat. He doesn't like any of them until she wears a 'party hat.' Simple, innocent. But someone got her panties in a bunch over this.

The article is upset because the female dog is displaying a "heart-wrenching struggle for approval." I guess the female dog's self worth is all tied up in the male dog's approval. WHERE do these people get these ideas? The female dog asks, "Do you like my hat?" The male dog answers, "I do not like that hat." And she walks away. Where in that exchange does her self worth come into play? I just don't understand this way of thinking!

When this PC culture has taken over EVERYTHING, including simple children's stories, I think it's time to just rein things in a bit. It seems as if far too many people wake up every morning with the thought "Just WHAT can I be offended by today?" Take a deep breath, walk away, and leave it alone. "Go Dog, GO" isn't going to bring down any progress the feminists have achieved...it's JUST a children's book!


***I KNOW that the author put a little postscript at the end of the article, labeling this as 'satire.' I read a few other things she wrote and she seems to agree with at least some of her satirical opinions. Even if she wrote this without believing ANY of what she said, there are way too many people who would applaud this as 'wokeness' and complete truth. It IS a crazy world these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...