Tuesday, May 31, 2005

THE MOTHER Attends a Graduation Party

I was sitting and enjoying the visit with K.'s family when I looked up and The Mother was coming into the living room. I honestly think the only reason they showed up was to see if I would be there. We said hi to each other--just as if we were acquaintances who happen to be invited to the same parties every few months. She, of course, made a big deal of fawning over my grandchildren--let everyone know how Marcus is shy with people he doesn't know. This said right after I brought him to her because he stared to cry with me. She made it clear that the kids know her much better than they know me. I don't quite remember what she said, but the message came through loud and clear. The trouble is, she doesn't ever think she does anything wrong--she REALLY doesn't see how destructive and hurtful her actions are. This is the kind of person you can't reason with--so it IS better for me to stay away from her. I only got a small glance of The Father as he walked through the kitchen.

The only real enjoyment I got was the realization that I would be raked over the coals for many days after seeing her. This was the first time she saw my tattoo since I got it--totally blew her mind, I'm sure. Of course, she is just too polite to say anything to me--at least in front of other people--but I KNOW it was a hot topic of conversation that night and will be for a long time to come. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so aggravated for you! Dang it! In my opinion what makes THAT situation so grating is that there's NO REASONING with people like that!
    How's your daughter's pregnancy going? How was the rest of your weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:45 AM

    I see ole' Evil "E" is still up to her tricks, put you down to make herself feel better, obviously doesn't help or she wouldn't do it so much. Too bad she poisoned your children, have a hard time watching her sit right in the front pew, knowing what she has plotted and planned. I know I signed in Anonymous-a hint 'an old neighbor' who watched this unfold over the years. Stop to see me-am off in the summer and live on the 'Hill' now. Know who I am???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the very kind words. It is frustrating, but I (mostly) manage to keep the irritating ones out of my mind. I see no hope for a resolution, but I am resigned to that fact and really have made peace with it.

    Anon--yes, I do know who you are. I am grateful you have been there right from the beginning. Thanks.

    C. is doing fine--she still has some headaches which come on quickly, but other than that things seem well. She told me she is sooooooo tired! I wonder why! :)

    I will post tomorrow or the next day--hopefully. I have come down with SOMETHING and can't go to the dr. until I actually am sicker. :) It's the throat, very low fever, cough--all that good stuff, so I'm hoping to be better soon. Will write when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were closer I'd bring you some chicken soup! Hope you're feeling better.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yick! That's what I got, too. Thankfully, after almost a week, it seems to be dying down a bit. i hope it's the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...