Monday, May 30, 2005

Of Moose and Wolves

I know I have mentioned, in at least one post, the amount of wildlife we get to see in and around our house. Now that isn't such an incredible thing except for the fact that we live in the middle of a small city. Well, the wildlife is (are?) on the loose again! A couple of weeks ago we had a wolf about two miles from our house and the other day a moose was wandering a block from us. The police officer who saw the wolf watched it leave the area, but no one actually saw the moose leave town. I am assuming it has gone, but one never knows. I feel so sorry for the moose as it was just a baby and it probably misses its mother very much.

Of course, I never get to see any of this exciting stuff until it is shown on the local news or is in the newspaper. That is, until today. Now, it isn't QUITE as exciting as seeing it in my own backyard, but today I saw my first moose in the wild! It was grazing peacefully on the side of the road and I wouldn't have even noticed it (it was dusk and the moose blended in with the surroundings very well) but several cars had pulled over so the occupants could watch. This was an absolutely thrilling event for me! I guess that shows how exciting my life is. :) Moose are magnificent animals--very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...