Wednesday, May 25, 2005

TP and Other Boring Stuff

There was a time when I actually could figure out just how much TP I would have to buy when I went shopping. Then when A. moved out, I had to reevaluate the situation and determined I would need much less than before. Everything was going quite well until the manufacturers decided they needed to Super-Size! Now it is a guessing game as to how much I need to purchase at a time. Charmin now comes in no fewer than 4 different size rolls. Do we really need rolls of TP so large that a holder extender has to come with each package? How much toilet paper do people use in one day? Unbelievable.

As you can tell, I really don't have much going on that is interesting. Tomorrow we will be going out of town to do some shopping. We will only be gone for the day, and that is fine with me.

On Sunday we will be going to K.'s great-nephew's graduation party. We only got one other graduation invitation this year and I don't think any more will be coming. An inexpensive year for us, thank goodness. Hopefully K. won't decide we have to stop and see The Parents while we are up there--I don't really need to see them any time soon. At least we WILL be able to see C. and the kids for a short time.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not coming to stay with you. ..My family & past roomies have let it be known that I use waaaay toooo much TP. A roll every day & a half.... and that's during the week when I'm at work. I know, right!?!? Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's strange.... I've never read anything by either of those authors. Unless Jean Auel wrote "Juely and the Wolves"? But that was a long time ago, and it was read TO me, not by me. However, it is true that I like legends. King Arthur and Robin Hood are my two favorites. I do know that after reading a good book, my writings are influenced in one way or another, whether by the way the author uses grammar or the writing style or the ideas behind the stories. However, Aris' story is not influenced by any book that I have read. Its inner conflict sprung from a game I played in which the main character was having huge anger issues. And the whole desertish thing cam from that game, its predesessors and its successors. And the whole plot-line came to me in a dream, literally.

    -dc

    ReplyDelete
  3. shopping, bitching, shopping, bitching...isn't life just so busy?

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...