Wednesday, August 03, 2005

100 Things About Me...

1. I am barely 5'1".
2. I am married and have two children--both girls.
3. I have been in love three times.
4. My husband is the only man I have ever slept with.
5. I still wonder what my first love is doing and what he looks like.
6. I stayed with my second boyfriend as long as I did because I needed to not feel lonely in high school.
7. I still love my husband.
8. I don't suffer from empty nest syndrome...AT ALL.
9. I have always been a stay-at-home mom.
10. And I love not having to leave the house if I don't want to.
11. My IQ is around 140.
12. Sometimes I feel intellectually superior to some people.
13. I love my children, but there have been times I wished I never had kids.
14. Many times I wished my husband and I were both sibling-less orphans.
15. I can't think of a single family member of mine that I would want as a friend.
16. I have a mental list of people I can never forgive...and it is much too long.
17. I don't tell my doctor everything because I don't want him to find anything seriously wrong with me.
18. Every time I have worried about a symptom I have had, it has turned out to be nothing serious.
19. I have had a hysterectomy.
20. My ovaries have been removed.
21. My gall bladder is gone.
22. I still have my tonsils.
23. I still have my appendix.
24. I have worn glasses since fourth grade.
25. I should have gotten them in third grade, but my mother thought I was faking.
26. I have one brother.
27. At this point in time, I think he is a real jackass.
28. He once told me that I should give my younger daughter up for adoption so that I wouldn't screw her up as much as I did my older daughter.
29. My father once told me that if I would have ever done ANYTHING for my older daughter, she would never have become incorrigible.
30. I haven't had a real conversation or visit with my parents or brother (and his family) in more than a year.
31. I don't miss them at all.
32. I have suffered from depression.
33. I have taken antidepressants.
34. I have seen three different counselors...and only one has ever helped me.
35. I was molested as a child...by my favorite great-uncle.
36. He also molested females in the generation before me and maybe the generation before that.
37. He was an alcoholic.
38. My parents never drank because of the rampant alcoholism on both sides of my family.
39. I probably can go many years without speaking to my family because I had a good teacher...my father didn't speak to his older brother for over twenty years.
40. I allowed my mother to manipulate me until a few years ago.
41. I used to be a perfectionist.
42. I would never leave my house until I had done the daily cleaning and vacuuming.
43. Because of trying to be perfect in all that I did, I intimidated a lot of people.
44. I wanted to do everything perfectly to make my parents proud of me.
45. I don't think they ever were REALLY proud of me.
46. I have smoked marijuana.
47. I never used any other recreational drugs.
48. My drug of choice is food.
49. I always wished I could have been at Woodstock...but I know I could never have survived that long without a shower and indoor bathroom.
50. I am quite an accomplished seamstress.
51. I don't sew in the summer because I have had wasps in my sewing room in years past.
52. I have tried too many crafts to mention.
53. All of the decorations on my Christmas tree were made by me.
54. I think I have arthritis starting in my right thumb.
55. That makes it difficult for me to crochet.
56. It saddens me to not be able to crochet.
57. I have taken a floral arranging class at least 5 times.
58. I planned and put on my oldest daughter's first wedding...basically all by myself.
59. I made all the bouquets and other arrangements.
60. I made around 50% of the food for the reception...good friends helped with the rest.
61. I made the invitations.
62. I made the wedding programs.
63. I did a great deal of the decorating.
64. And I did this for around $2500. And everything turned out very nice. This took place in 1996.
65. The first time I sat in front of a computer was in 1992.
66. I sat so long without touching the keyboard, the screensaver came on.
67. I thought I broke it.
68. Today I KNOW I could build a computer on my own.
69. I won't do it, though, because I would drop-kick the thing out the front window if it didn't work perfectly the first time I turned it on.
70. I can be terribly impatient.
71. I worry about the way my husband drives...he gets more impatient every year and it scares me.
72. I love to read...EVERYTHING.
73. I love to read in the bathroom.
74. One time I read the back of the Comet can when there wasn't any other reading material in the bathroom.
75. I love staying up at night...I could work a night-shift job easily.
76. I have no trouble sleeping during the day.
77. I like staying home, but still feel as if I want to travel around the world.
78. Before I die I want to see Australia and New Zealand.
79. I don't think it will ever happen.
80. Bungee-jumping would be such a rush...I am just too scared to try it.
81. Within the next couple of years I hope we will have this house torn down and a new one built in its place.
82. And I will not invite my family to come and visit.
83. I feel badly that I let my mother guilt me out of being closer to my in-laws than I was.
84. Even though my father- and mother-in-law are dead, I'm trying to make up lost time with the rest of my in-laws.
85. I never walk around my house in bare feet because I'm afraid of stepping on one of my cat's hacked-up hairballs.
86. I once had a spider in my bed while I was in it. Freaked me out for a long time.
87. Thinking about being in a roomful of bees, hornets, or wasps makes me have a panic attack.
88. Thinking of being on a cruiseship on the ocean causes a panic attack, too.
89. I got seasick on my husband's Navy ship while it was in dry dock.
90. The quartermaster got scared because I turned every shade of green and ended up white as a ghost.
91. I started school at the age of 4.
92. I graduated high school at 17 and didn't turn 18 till 6 months later.
93. The school wanted me to go straight from kindergarten to second grade.
94. My mother said no.
95. The only class I ever struggled with was physics and I still got an "A" because the teacher graded on a curve.
96. I am a very insecure person and I don't have a great amount of self-esteem.
97. I don't think I have ever really been vain about anything.
98. It embarrasses me to think about the times I have been loud and obnoxious.
99. I hope I have helped someone at some point in my life. I don't want my life to have been a waste.
AND FINALLY...100. I sincerely believe there is a God.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you were able to do that in a day! Thank you for sharing... I have to admit, I laughed at #74 about reading the Comet can....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, when ya gonna post again? I check every day, you know! You DO have an interested follower out here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...