Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Unrealistic Perfection

There seem to be more and more people with eating disorders and going to plastic surgeons so they can look like the people in magazines or in movies. I remember thinking, as a young girl, "Why can't I look like that?" when I saw a model or actress I admired. We are so "beauty" and "youth" crazy in this country that some people go to extremes to obtain "perfection." Unfortunately, we are idolizing false images. Go here to see how photos are fixed to make a model appear perfect. Scary.

1 comment:

  1. You always have the most awesome links on here! I liked your cat link, too. I'll admit there's a lot of people I'd rather look like than me, but I've learned to accept myself. What a wonderful world it would be..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...