Friday, August 05, 2005

Another Year Down

Six years ago, today, I had my last cigarette. It still amazes me that I can write a sentence like that--I was a very prolific smoker. I still miss it. Actually, I miss the act of smoking--I no longer am addicted to the nicotine. If I could smoke without the health risks or smell, I would go back to it in a heartbeat. A good friend of mine--an ex-smoker, too--told me that we will begin smoking again when we turn 80. Good plan--my doctor wants in on that plan, too! :)

When I was approaching my one-year anniversary, I figured I needed to do something to mark the occasion--something just for me. I bought a 35mm camera. I figured the price of the camera came NO WHERE close to the amount of money I had saved by not smoking. I enjoyed rewarding myself so much that I have continued to give myself a gift every year. This year I believe I will be buying myself a flat-panel TV for the kitchen. Yeah!

I hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...