Thursday, December 22, 2005

Counting Down The Hours

It is around 60 hours and Christmas will be over again for another year. I really don't count Christmas Day as part of the holiday, as we always do our celebrating/gift opening, etc on Christmas Eve. While this hasn't been one of my "Scrinchiest" years, I still will be happy to get back to the usual routine of life.

K has just left to go up north to deliver the gifts for C and her family. Without knowing if he was planning on stopping at The Parent's house, I decided to stay home--don't need to have an argument with him at this time of year. The house is feeling a little empty with all the gifts gone, but it is also a nice feeling. I will put K's gifts under the tree today, so there will be something there.

We don't have much planned for Christmas. On Christmas Eve we will be with some friends--something that has gotten to be a nice tradition over the years. On our way back home from their house, we usually drive around and look at light displays. And when we get home, we open our gifts and that is the end of our celebrating. A nice, relaxing way to spend a holiday. K will be home on Christmas Day, so I will make dinner and that will be it for what we do. Maybe we will go and see a movie--that's a thought. I know he wants to see The Chronicles of Narnia, so that would be a good choice. Hmmm, just might have to do it.

The last time I heard from A, she said they would be up for the holidays. Of course, she meant they would be at The Parent's! It would be nice if she decided to quit treating them as if they were HER parents and not mine. Oh, well, I'm sure The Mother is absolutely delighted that she can have both of my daughters with her for the holidays--serves me right for the way I am, I'm sure she feels. A DID say that her and the fiance were going to stop here, so we'll see.

While this hasn't been the very merriest post, I will close with all the seasonal greetings I can. To all of my readers: have the merriest Christmas. I wish you and yours joy, peace, and love. May you be with those you love and care for and may you get everything you want. Have a joyous Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...