Friday, December 02, 2005

And Life Goes On

It is surprising how quite busy life has been for the past few days. At least compared to how my life usually is. Nothing very important, just a lot of busy-ness.

Had a couple of doctor appointments this week. Again, nothing very important. I had my yearly with my GYN and if it wasn't for the fact that my boobs get mauled and things get put in awkward places, that visit would be my favorite of the year. See, my GYN has been my doctor for about 22 years--he delivered my last kid. He has seen me through surgeries and many awful things going on with my life and has made me leave his office in a better mood than I got there with. We ALWAYS begin my appointment with a technology talk--we discuss our latest tech gadgets and what we hope to have by next year. I don't have many people to "talk tech" with, so I'm always happy when I can find another geek to converse with. He is someone who "gets me"--I always judge my doctors by that criteria. I actually have not gone back to someone who hasn't understood my warped, dry sense of humor, so when a doc "gets me," I am his patient for life. It always is good to visit and laugh with someone--even if he is doing medical things to you. (That sounds terrible, doesn't it!)

I am actually, almost, kind of, not having a bad time thinking about the Christmas holidays this year. Can't for the life of me understand what is going on--nothing in my life has changed so much that this Christmas should be any different than any other year. But, I have been doing my annual before Christmas cleaning--something I really haven't done in the last four or so years--and can't wait to get started on the decorating. C told me I really need to have a very thorough medical exam because this just isn't like me--I must be REALLY sick! Or the end is at hand. :) But, anyway, here I am, NOT feeling like a total Scrinch. (A cross between "Scrooge" and the "Grinch.") And I think I like feeling like this! :)

C called the other day to tell of her latest trip to the emergency room. This time it was with Marcus, the one-year-old. His older sister had been doing homework and got up for a second--leaving her paper and pencil on the couch. Sure enough, before anyone could get to him, off he went running with the pencil in his mouth--lead-side in. Just as C was getting up to run after him, he fell and the pencil got lodged in his cheek. At least it didn't come straight through, but it bled like crazy. When they realized the tip of the pencil couldn't be found, they had to take him to be x-rayed to make sure it wasn't still in his cheek. She said the doctor showed her the hole the pencil made and it was unbelievable how big it was. Thankfully the x-rays showed there was nothing in his cheek, so they were sent home with some antibiotics and told he will be fine. She told the x-ray techs to remember Marcus' name, because they will be seeing him A LOT in the next 18 years--the kid is fearless and can get into trouble in a matter of seconds. He will definitely cause C to get a few grey hairs. :)

Last night I finally did something I have been putting off for almost a year--I cleaned up our old computer and got it out of this room. My desk is, barely, big enough for the two computers to be on and I have been living with the old one digging in my side for all this time and I decided enough was enough. It took me about eight hours to re-format, reinstall XP, download all of the updates, reinstall the software I wanted on it, and do all the necessary stuff. I really wasn't all that happy with the time spent--after all, I don't know if the damn thing will ever be used by either K or myself. He claims he wants it for himself, that he doesn't need anything too good for what he does on the computer, but we'll see if he actually uses it. I really have my doubts. Compared to this computer, the old one is as slow as a 90-year-old-man driving down the highway--nothing that is too fun to be near. I hope it doesn't become a very heavy doorstop.

I wish all of my readers a good weekend. I am planning on getting all of my decorating done before next week, so I'll let you know if I succeeded. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...