Saturday, December 31, 2005

Getting To Know You

Got this as an email and changed it around a bit to use here on my blog. Thought it was a bit of an interesting way to give out some facts about myself that people might not know. Cut and paste the questions to your blog and change the answers to apply to you. (Leave me a comment and let me know if you posted this to your blog--would like to get to know my readers a bit more!)


1. What time did you get up this morning? Morning? There's a morning?

2. Diamonds or pearls? DIAMONDS! (Got wonderful ones for Christmas.)

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Could it possibly be "Christmas With The Kranks" last year? Oh, my. (We have HBO, etc. and have the tendency to buy DVDs.)

4. What is your favorite TV show? Lots of shows I like. I love House, Boston Legal, Gilmore Girls, 24, The Shield, Everwood, Monk...I need a life!

5. What did you have for breakfast? COFFEE...the most important food of the day.

6. What is your middle name? Marie--has gotten to be a tradition: my mother, me, my first daughter, and my first grand-daughter all have the same middle name.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? American

8. What foods do you dislike? OOOOHHHHHHHH...too numerous to mention. I am a very picky and unadventurous eater. (Though you would never know by looking at me.)

9. What is your favorite Potato chip? Probably Lay's...don't eat that much potato chips cause there are too many other snack foods that I like better. Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos, yummmm.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Still enjoying Rob Thomas' "Something To Be" and, as always, I'm loving Eric Clapton. His newest and at-the-moment fav is "Back Home."

11. What kind of car do you drive? A GMC Jimmy--and can't believe it took us this long to finally get a 4WD!

12. What is your favorite sandwich? I'm really enjoying the bacon-chicken ranch at Subway, these days.

13. What characteristics do you despise? Manipulation, condescension, and being a drama queen. (I am the drama queen--no one else can be!)

14. Favorite item of clothing? My daily uniform: yoga pants and t-shirt.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, it would be: Australia and New Zealand, without a doubt!

16. What color is your bathroom? White with blue accessories.

17. Favorite brand of clothing? Anything that fits and looks decent. (Unfortunately, those are few and far between. It's hell being this short!)

18. Where would you want to retire to? Don't know if I particularly want to leave where we are.

19. Favorite time of day? NIGHT! (I would do so well working the night-shift.)

20. Where were you born? Michigan

21. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey

23. What type of detergent do you use? Whatever fragrance-free detergent I can find a Sam's Club. Right now it is All.

24. Coke or Pepsi? DEFINITELY Coke.

25. Are you a morning person or night owl? If you have read this far, and if you know me AT ALL, you know I am a night owl.

26. What size shoe do you wear? 6-6 1/2

27. Do you have pets? My fat-cat (15+ pounds!)

28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everybody: I actually kind of enjoyed Christmas this year.

29. What did you want to be when you were little? When I was real little: a telephone operator. (Remember those?) Then when I was older: a doctor or a medical researcher.

30. Favorite Candy Bar? Right now, probably Hershey with almonds. I overdosed on Snickers, finally.

31. What is your best childhood memory? Nothing really pops into my head.

32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Other than full-time wife and mother, dental assistant and teacher aide. My volunteer jobs are WAY too numerous to mention.

33. What color underwear are you wearing? Underwear? Going commando mean anything?

34. Nicknames: Sis is the closest I ever got to a nickname.

35. Piercing? 5 holes in my ears.

36. Eye color? Green.

37. Ever been to Africa? No, but would love to go. Anyone want to offer to take me?

38. Ever been toilet papered? NO--I've lead a very boring life!

39. Ever Loved someone so much it made you cry? Of course--hasn't everyone?

40. Been in a car accident? Twice--once when I was very young, about 5 years old, and once when I was driving--and it WASN'T my fault!

41. Croutons or bacon bits? Maybe croutons--doesn't matter either way.

42. Favorite day of the week? At this point in time, with me not working and K doing the ever-changing shifts, it really doesn't matter. One day is pretty much like another.

43. Favorite restaurant? No favorite.

44. Favorite flower? Alstromeria--the longest-lasting florist flower I have ever seen.

45. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla--I know, very boring.

46. Disney or Warner Brothers? Warner Brothers--can't get enough of Bugs Bunny and I love Gossamer.

47. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds? Really, I eat from all of them except Wendy's.

48. What color is your bedroom carpet? Gold.

49. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed the first time.

50. Whom did you get your last e-mail from? The last personal one I got was from my friend C--other than that, it was something I subscribe to; comics, newsletter, etc.

51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Probably Dell--it would have most of the gadgets I could be happy getting.

52. Last person you went to dinner with? C? I would say K, but we bring food in more than go out.

53. Ford or Chevy? Would have to go with Chevy--but actually I would choose GMC first. (I know, GMC and Chevy are really the same company.)

54. What are you listening to right now? Best of B.B. King. I usually listen to a mix of whatever I have on the computer.

55. What person have you learned the most about life from? Myself--it has been a lot of learn-as-you-go in my life.

56. How many tattoos do you have? One--for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...