Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogger, JibJab, and Geico--and, Of Course, Hockey

I just found out from reading Cindi's blog (Somewhere Over The Rainbow) that she has been having some problems posting comments here. Hmm. Is anyone else having problems these days? I guess if you can't leave a comment, just email me at outofmymind.cmk@gmail.com. Don't know what could be wrong OR how to fix it. If it is a big problem maybe someone could let Blogger know?!?! This just may be my incentive to switch to Haloscan for my comments. I'll have to give it some more thought and probably change after the first of the year.

JibJab has put up their newest video--a review of the year 2006 (Nuckin' Futs). It is pretty good--I usually laugh at whatever they do. Their 'Deck the Halls' is good for a chuckle, too.

I'm sure everyone has (or is it 'have'?) seen the Geico commercials with the 'real' people and the celebrities--well, it turns out that the 'real' people ARE actually real! mental_floss commented on this today and here is the story.

The weather continues to be warm here--again it was in the 40s. It is so strange to have it be this warm AND have it rain. The temp won't be going down too much over the next five days or so. If we don't get any snow, Santa won't have a place to land his sleigh!

I have been watching as much hockey as I can--about three games a week. The Wings lost tonight, but they made a valiant effort: they were losing 3-0 and came back to end the game at 3-2. Not too bad--could have been better and definitely could have been worse. They now have a streak of 140 some odd games without being shut out--not too shabby. I think they finally are getting their act together and are being a bit more consistent with their play--I think they will do well in the standings at the end of the season.

On the hockey topic: I lost my 'hockey' necklace last week and can't figure out how or where. It was a gold chain with a Red Wing emblem/pendant on it. I am absolutely devastated--K gave them to me and I hate to lose anything he gives me--not to mention how much he spent on the darn things! I just keep hoping that, somehow, it will miraculously show up one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. I've had the same comment complaint. I wonder what the deal is..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:20 AM

    Wow...I was able to comment on your Christmas tree post!

    I will have to check out the latest from JibJab...love their stuff!

    I was sad to hear that Peter Boyle died. Loved him on Everybody Loves Raymond. He was really good in Monster's Ball too and of course Young Frankenstein.
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...