Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Talking Geek With A Gynecologist

Well, I had my annual tech talk/gynecological exam today and everything is about where it belongs--that is, everything on/in my body--except everything is a bit more south this year than it was last year. The passing of time has the tendency to do that. It always amazes me that I have my longest and most interesting geek conversations with my GYN. He is trying to convince me to build my own computer--he built his a couple of years ago--and I truly think he would be disappointed if I go back next year and haven't done it. Something for me to think about, for sure.

Only a day plus a few hours and K and I will be at the hospital for his kidney biopsy. I hope they get to him on time--which will be 8:30 am--so that there will be no reason for him to stay overnight. He has never been in the hospital, so I don't think he would be too happy about staying. Besides, it is always better to be in your own bed whenever possible.

The snow just keeps right on a-coming here. We are under a snow and blowing snow advisory right now. There are predictions of up to 8 more inches through tomorrow. I hope it stops because K is already worried about what will happen if he can't take care of the driveway. Things should start slowing down by Friday, however.

I STILL haven't gotten much further with my decorating. It just seems to be such a chore--especially with all I have on my mind. I'm pretty sure I will be done by the weekend, though.

And, finally, for those who haven't heard: Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn have broken up. Can we all say a collective "Who gives a damn!"? I can't believe this made headlines!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to K and his biopsy. Keeping my fingers crossed and prayers all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot dazd...I will keep everyone updated as to what is going on. I am still hopeful that by this time tomorrow we will have many questions answered. But, then, the operative word is 'hopeful.' :|

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...