Thursday, September 01, 2011

To Whom It May Concern...

I know you love your kids and I'm happy that you think they are the greatest--as you should--but not all of us feel the same.  I don't need to hear that your kid just had its first haircut (with 100 pictures), learned to say "Hi" (with 20 minutes of audio), or spit his/her first carrots in your face (with an hour of video).  YOU might find all things that your kid does are the funniest, smartest, most interesting, etc, but I don't.  To you, your kids are cute, clever, beautiful, and geniuses, but to the rest of the world, they are quite annoying.  If you continue to inundate Facebook, Twitter, and your blog with every 'accomplishment'--and believe me, pulling the dog's ears is something EVERY child does--I WILL unfollow you.  And I expect you to do the same when I go overboard about my grandchildren.  Thank you for your time and now I will turn you back to your regular schedule.


***Yes, I realize that I don't have to go through the pictures or watch the video, etc.  And I don't.  This is aimed at those people who can't see that others don't share their fascination with their kids and continue to shove them in our faces at every opportunity--and get mad at those of us who DON'T find their kids to be the greatest to ever be put on this earth.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I always wonder about people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with all of the social networking these days, it just is getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to be totally paranoid about the pictures I put on facebook. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW someone would come up with that. :D Actually, I really get annoyed with some of my relatives, for example. And I REALLY hate the local business owners who think their kids are going to take Hollywood by storm because they're so good--and so they put them in every commercial they make for their businesses. ACK!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 AM

    I have a FB friend who is also a childhood friend, and she has started to MESSAGE her entire friends list with cutesy-pie videos of toddlers, puppies, kittens, etc. And, every time someone replies with a "that's cute", I get a notification, even though I've deleted the message without watching the video. It's annoying, but she doesn't do it too often-otherwise I'd ask her to exclude me from the mass messaging. It's bad enough when they post that stuff on FB, but to send them in a message is kind of cramming it down your throat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:24 AM

    AND, they're not even videos from people she actually knows-they're found on YouTube or something. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stand the every status update that gushes about how great their lives/husbands/boyfriends etc. are.. In fact, I've had to just completely remove a couple of people from my feed. One, I happened to across the street from a few years ago. She is constantly gushing about her wonderful hubby, what a great provider he is, and their glorious relationship.. As if we never got any of their cut off notices, never saw their eviction threat letters every other month, or heard her yelling at him in Spanish.. Ugh! Everyone has bad days!! Just once I want to see one of them give just the simple "shit day" update! And I realize how cynical that makes me sound.. I can live with it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. janet: Most people know enough to not send me too many things these days. I am blessed to have friends that only send things when they are really worth looking at. ;D

    Mrs. S: I guess Facebook statuses are the new 'Christmas letter.' I always wanted to write one of those 'real' letters and send them to all of the people I know at Christmas--you know, starting out "This has been an exciting year with all of the times the cops have visited our house..." to "Little Bipsy has her THIRD STD this year and the year isn't over with yet!" There are a few family members I could see having a field day with a letter like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:20 PM

    Sometimes I'm tempted, really tempted, to make up stuff for my Facebook updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...