Monday, November 07, 2011

An Open Letter

Dear Sam's Club Shoppers,

I have to apologize to all of you.  I am sorry that I went into the store with a purpose--and that purpose was to SHOP!  I didn't have my cellphone attached to my ear and I actually paid attention to what was going on around me, so I didn't bash into your leg with my cart.  I didn't go to the store in order to eat my Sunday lunch--and completely block the entrance to the aisle with my cart and fat ass as I stood there scarfing as many samples down as the demo lady allowed.  I didn't go into the store after taking whatever drug that causes total spaciness and stand in the middle of the aisle trying to figure out just where I was--while keeping everyone from being able to move through the aisle where you happened to be meditating.  I TRIED to hear if someone said 'excuse me' and 'pardon me' if they thought they were inconveniencing me (or if I was inconveniencing them)--something far too many of you don't understand.  It seems as if most of you shoppers lose every bit of hearing and considerateness you may have as soon as you hit those sliding doors.  I apologize if that makes me irritable--even though I TRY to not show my irritation.  I'm sorry if my FINALLY getting your attention is looked on as rude, but it DOES take my husband and me almost four hours to get home from the store, so we really want to get done with our shopping in a timely manner.  I realize my home's distance from the store is not your problem, but I don't have the convenience of stopping in after church 'just to pick up a few things,' so I need to 'move it along.'  I don't want any special considerations--I just want aisles I can walk through freely and quickly.  Is that too much to ask?

Again, I apologize if I have crossed over a line with my 'wants' and 'needs.'  I realize my life isn't nearly as important as you seem to think yours is.

Thank you for your time--and I completely understand that you will ignore this.  But I felt I had to try.

cmk

10 comments:

  1. Oh snap!

    Wait.. it takes FOUR HOURS to get home from the store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the closest Sam's to us is about four hours away--that is one of the reasons for our road trips. We CAN do the trip with the shopping in one day, but it is much easier on us to stay overnight. AND we get to visit with our friends that way, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Yep,that's Sam's and Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I didn't even mention the people who treat the middle of the aisles as gathering/reunion places with all of their long-lost friends! It can be very, very frustrating to shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're in the car for 8 hours, round trip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, 6-8 hours, depending on traffic and weather conditions. Most of the trip is on two-lane highways, so we don't have the advantage of interstate/freeway speeds. Thank goodness I sleep or the time would go by very slowly. ;) We DO kind of live on the edge of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Oh, yeah, I know how you feel! The other day I was in Target and looking for deodorant-companies change the label design so often now that I have trouble finding what I like-and not one but TWO twentysomething gals also decided to look while talking on cell phones, going from one side of me to the other. And don't get me started about people who leave their carts in the middle of an aisle. Or who stand in the middle of an aisle looking at products and look irritated when I say "excuse me" and try to get by them, like I was interrupting their meditating.

    Don't you bring your Nook to read on the trips?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just seems as if common sense and common decency have just flown out the window--people are so rude and self-interested these days.

    I WISH I could read in the car, but I have always suffered from motion sickness, so it is something I can't do. If I didn't get queasy, I could do handwork or read or play games, but I'm not one of the lucky ones. And one of the reasons I sleep when we travel is so I DON'T get nauseous. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:27 PM

    I don't shop at Costco or Sam's Club. The spaces drive me crazy, but the size of the items they sell make me even crazier. No one needs such big boxes of anything. We live in a tiny house that does not accommodate those big sizes. I even wrote a blog post about that one time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I never shopped at Sam's again, I wouldn't be terribly upset. I buy the quantities because it is much easier for me to have stock on hand rather than having to scamper to the store when I run out of things. And with our crazy weather, there are times when I just CAN'T get to a store. (I also am lucky to have great storage space in our basement--it makes things so much easier for me.) Also, our oldest daughter has seven kids, so we do a LOT of shopping for her at Sam's--and they tend to use most, if not all, of what we bring them in a month's time. Having large amounts PLUS the better prices is just a non-brainer when it comes to buying for them.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...