Thursday, July 01, 2010

Yes, You Can Return That, But...

Some stores have very good return polices and people tend to take advantage of that fact.  (I know of people who went years without buying their kids new winter jackets--all they did was return the old ones at the end of the season and got new for the next year!)  But THIS lady really wanted to take advantage:

Customer: “Hi, I’d like to return this pot, please.”
(The pot in question is in a box with our store logo on it, but the box looks older than me.)
Me: “Okay. Do you have a receipt?”
Customer: “Yes.”
(The customer hands me a wrinkled, yellow receipt from the eighties.)
Me: “Ma’am, why do you want to return this pot?”
Customer: “The lid gets too hot.”
Me: “So, you have used it, then?”
Customer: “Of course! I use it all the time. But the lid gets too hot, so I want to return it.”
Me: “Well, our return policy is limited to sixty days. You bought this twenty-three years ago.”
Customer: “But I have a receipt!”

(via Not Always Right)

3 comments:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...