Monday, August 26, 2019

After This Pause...

Image result for pause

I was all set and ready to do a post and I discovered that I was missing A LOT of my bookmarks! I was going to use several sites as research for the post and couldn't find them. For the most part, missing bookmarks might not be that hard to recreate, but these particular ones happened to be connected with my genealogy, and a lot of them were in Finnish. NOT something I could find on my own, again, easily. So, instead of writing a post, I had to find out what happened and where my bookmarks went to...

From what I could figure out, many people have had issues with missing bookmarks, especially after a Chrome update. There doesn't seem to be an easy fix for this and Google doesn't seem ready to admit that there might be a bug, so it was up to me to find my own solution. I don't like messing with my registry or doing too much when it comes to fixing code, so I took the easiest (for me) way, which turned out to be the way that took the most effort. I decided (once I found my bookmark backup folder) to copy each site, individually, and do a new bookmark folder in my browser. Considering I had more than four dozen bookmarks to check out, it took me a bit of time I hadn't planned on spending. I have THAT folder all recreated and now I have to check to see what else is missing. {sigh} Computers can be a big pain in the caboose...but where would we be without them?

I'll get back to the original, intended post after doing what I need to do here around the house...after all, it IS garbage day. What excitement and joy life continues to bring my way! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...