Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bridge Collapse

There were a few tense moments for me earlier this evening when we accidentally saw the first reports of the bridge collapse in Minneapolis. (Hubby was channel-surfing, as usual, and happened upon the story just minutes after it happened.) While our youngest lives in St. Paul and NOT Minneapolis, there are a lot of people that don't know there is a difference, so we weren't satisfied that all was well until I talked to her. Of course, she wasn't home when I first called--thank goodness for cell phones! I actually gave her the news about the bridge--she hadn't been watching the news so had no idea what was going on. A very, very tragic story. I can't imagine what some people are going through this hour. Long term, this bridge being out of commission is going to really disrupt traffic. 150,000-200,000 vehicles use the bridge on a daily basis--now they have to find different ways to get to their destinations. I'm sure this story will be in the headlines for many days to come.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Glad your daughter is safe. Terribly frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very frightening, indeed. While she doesn't even LIVE in Minneapolis, there is nothing to say she wasn't there for one reason or another at the time. Just found out last night that her boss lives close enough to the bridge that he was able to see everything from his balcony! Thankfully, she knows no one personally that got hurt in this.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...