Sunday, August 05, 2007

Slightly Creepy Songs

Sometimes we find a song that is really quite good, but after thinking about it for a while, we realize it is just plain creepy. I found a few that fit in this category.

**********

Every Step You Take by The Police

I LOVE this song--have since it first came out. On first listen, it seems like a beautiful love song. Here is a man so very in love with a woman--so in love that he can't think of anything else but her. Then you really HEAR the lyrics and begin to understand that this is a demented individual!

"Every single day and every word you say

Every game you play, every night you stay

I'll be watchin' you"


Yeah, a little creepy. The words of a stalker, for sure. Good song as long as you don't think too much about it! :)

Adblock


**********

Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen by Neil Sedaka

This is a fun, catchy song to sing along to. Nothing really wrong with the words, until you see Sedaka singing them during his 'come-back' phase. This was in the mid-1970s when he was about 36 years old. Listening to a 36-year-old man singing these words is more than a little creepy:

"Tonight's the night I've waited for

Because you're not a baby anymore

You've turned into the prettiest girl I've ever seen

Happy birthday sweet sixteen"


SEEING him sing the song brings the point home even more! (Don't know how old he was in this video, but DEFINITELY too old to be singing to a 16-year-old! The audio and video are not in synch in this clip, but I couldn't find a better one.)

Adblock


**********

You're Sixteen by Ringo Starr

I like Ringo and like his songs. Once again, very catchy, pop tunes--good to sing along to. BUT, he DEFINITELY was too old to be singing this song to a 16-year-old! EWWWWWWWW!!!! Please, a man of 33 (his age when he recorded this) should NOT be singing lyrics such as this--especially when they are aimed at someone so young:

"You're my baby, you're my pet

We fell in love on the night we met

You touched my hand, my heart went pop

Ooh, when we kissed I could not stop"


Sorry, but this, too, just screams 'pedophilia' to me!

Adblock


**********

Those are my top picks for 'creepy songs.' If anyone has any others, put them in the comment section!

14 comments:

  1. I agree with everyone- so very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Yep, ditto - the only one that works is Claire...can't remember the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilbert O'Sullivan wrote 'Claire.' Had to look up the lyrics, but I agree, it DOES work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Young Girl - Gary Puckett and Union Gap - Young Girl get outta my life, my love for you is way out of line, better run girl, you're much too young girl ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely, Jan...I remembered that one after I was done with the post. What is it with the songs about young girls? EWWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there are just too many creepy songs to count,so i won't start. My question is, in Ringo Starr's video, isn't that a young Carrie Fisher? Sure looks like her.
    Course, I don't usually recognize her without the cinnamon buns on the sides of her head...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That definitely is Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher! Young, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:16 PM

    Wow, yes infinately creepy. He's sitting in her hair?? After the hair scene when we get a better look at him his creepy bearded face looks fatherly, and indeed he looks old enough to be her father so the kiss and the song become even more disgusting and perverse. If he was dreaming of sixteen yearolds when he was in his thirties I think he has a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Police - Don't Stand so Close to Me
    Knack - My Sharona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still many that I forgot--including the ones you just mentioned. I'm thinking I need to update this post in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh hello how about "Thank heaven for Little Girls".... believe the next line is "cause little girls get bigger everyday".....yeah I just leave you with that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:25 PM

    2013 Imitrex Online - imitrex online http://www.cheapimitrexbuy.net/#purchase-sumatriptan, [url=http://www.cheapimitrexbuy.net/#cheap-imitrex]Imitrex No Prescription[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:29 PM

    3, [url=http://www.effexorbenefits.net/]Cheap Effexor[/url] - Effexor For Sale - effexor 75 http://www.effexorbenefits.net/.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...