Thursday, August 30, 2007

Frightening Knowledge

There are times that I realize I know things that are a bit scary. I didn't go looking for some of this knowledge that I have and I don't know where I got it, and that is also a very scary thing. That being said, I know what this is:
Yes, that is a picture of a sex swing. (Can't WAIT to see how many hits I'll get with this one!) Now, I don't own a sex swing, have never used one, and until yesterday, never seen one. That is where the story comes in.

Yesterday I went to get my hair 'done.' (I feel like one of those little old ladies when I say that. :)) Anyway, my stylist told me that she would walk me out of the salon because there was something I needed to see. When we got outside, she pointed to the house across the street. There, big as life, in a big old maple tree, in the front yard, was a sex swing. And it has been there for about a month. And the street is one of the busiest in our town. Now the question is: Has it been used since it was put there? And just what time of night do they use it? And... I can't go on--my mind just won't let me continue.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Yikes.
    (Maybe the people who put it up didn't realize what it was??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, sue, I keep trying to tell myself that! The funny thing is--according to my stylist--just about everyone who comes into the salon actually KNOWS what the thing is! And this includes the little old ladies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've learned something today too! Being completely innocent of course, cough, have never heard of or seen one before. The mind is boggling as to how it differs from a normal garden swing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. jan: I guess the biggest difference is the fact that there really isn't a seat--it is just straps where the hiney goes. At least, that's what it looks like to me--not having seen one up close and personal! :) And, I guess, the stirrups kind of give it away, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, admittedly, the picture is NOT very good at showing the differences. Unfortunately, this was the best pic I could find that DID NOT show people actually using one of these. I will leave you with THAT visual in your mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you or the stylist know anything about the owners of the swing? I'm hoping they just don't know what it really is! If they do know, that is pretty nervy to put it up in their front yard! I had never heard of one of those until after I was introduced to the world wide web. I don't remember how I learned it or where but I know it was somewhere on the internet. There are a lot of weird things I only learned about after the internet came into my house. Some good stuff, some really sick stuff, some sad but true stuff, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm assuming the people living in the house are college students--they probably put the swing there for shock value. They did a good job. :)

    I agree with you when it comes to finding out about things from the web. I know way too many unsavory things from surfing--but have found out more good than bad, I would say.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...