Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hopefully

I want to be a feisty little old lady when I grow up. Just like THIS lady from Not Always Right:

(I’m checking out my last customer, a little old lady, before covering a break when another customer starts unloading his stuff into the register. Note that I’ve shut off my light and put a “lane closed” sign up.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, my lane is closed. I have to go to another department and cover a break.”

Other customer: “Well, isn’t that just f***ing convenient for you!”

(Right on cue, the little old lady I was helping turns to the other customer.)

Little old lady: “Who the h*** peed in your cornflakes this morning?!”

Other customer: *storms off*

(I hugged the lady and she is now a regular of mine.)


I think "Who the hell peed in your cornflakes this morning?" is my newest favorite thing to say! :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL! My mom's line was the same, except it was Cheerios instead of corn flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have paid to see this exchange! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a friend who would say "Hey, who shit in your oatmeal?" Same sentiment, better words.
    I love the customer stories and now it is a daily stop on the web-o-wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The customer stories make me think so much of The Youngest and the stories she tells--and she DOES have some whoppers! And the site is a daily stop for me, too.

    I DO like the better-worded saying, although you wouldn't be able to say it in as many places as you could say 'piss in your corn flakes.' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is classic! I love it. Im totally using that line too!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...