Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Lost Day

I feel as if I completely lost yesterday. The Oldest came to town for the day and it threw my 'schedule' off so much that I will still be trying to recover for a couple of days. I don't handle change well. ;)

After VERY little sleep, C showed up at our house around 7:30 AM. We visited for a while, I got ready, and we were off and running before 9. The time flew as we made our way around two different stores and came back to the house. We barely had time to inhale a small lunch and were back on the road around 11. I had made a hair appointment for her, so we had to be at the salon for 11:30. Her hair hadn't been cut for many years, so it was EXTREMELY long--long enough, in fact, that she was able to donate 9 inches to the 'Locks of Love' program. She STILL had long enough hair to go a couple of inches past her shoulders! But she really looked nice with the extra length cut off. After the visit to the salon, we made our way to Michael's--her main reason for wanting to go out to shop--and the local mall. We finally got back to the house just before 3. To say I was a little on the tired side, is putting it mildly.

C and her husband headed for home around 5, K went to work, and I was left alone. I managed to do a little around the house before collapsing. I slept for a couple of hours and thought I would have enough energy to do what was needed, but it was not to be so. I ate a late dinner, read the newspaper, and fell asleep until 5 this morning. And THAT is the reason I'm actually on the computer so early in the day.

I think I'm going to get ready and go out AGAIN and do some of the things I didn't have time for yesterday. Today is the tenth anniversary of my quitting smoking, so I think I will be going out to get my anniversary gift: a new smart phone. I can't wait! I'll keep everyone informed. ;)


ordinaryjanet said...

wow, 10 years-that's an achievement to be proud of! You sure do deserve a present!

I was tired just reading about your whirlwind activity. I'd crap out halfway through.

cmk said...

I think I will pat myself on the back today--just a little. ;)

I don't often have such busy days and it certainly DID tire me out. I'm really surprised that I actually managed to stay awake as long as I did.

kristi noser said...

One of my fave kind of days is "whirlwinding" then hitting the hay early (read 5pm) and waking up at 8 to do more stuff, then hitting more hay at 10.
Sounds like you had a great day!

Ranger Tom said...

I'll have a smoke in your honor today!


cmk said...

kristi: The only thing that would have made the day better is if The Youngest was with us. I will have to make arrangements for a girls-only weekend in the near future! Now, THAT would be a blast!

RT: Keep the faith, bud! I still have a while to go till I'm 80--the year my friend and I have vowed to start smoking again! ;)

meleah rebeccah said...

I hate when my schedule/routine gets thrown off too. It always takes me a few days to recover from it!