Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Confused

Recently I watched a couple of Quentin Tarantino movies (the sanitized TV versions) and I just don't get it! Critics, as well as others, go on and on about how great his movies are and I fail to see what is so wonderful. Instead of using violence and bad language as devices to move the story along, he uses a (minimal) story to go from one violent act to another, all the while having the characters use language no one I know uses. To me, his movies are all about violence and language and very little in the way of plot or character development. I consider myself fairly intelligent and sophisticated enough for my life-style, but I JUST DON'T GET IT! Maybe I'm just getting too old and conservative to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...