Friday, August 20, 2004

Going To The Fair

Yesterday, K. and I went to the fair. Wow, what an earth-shattering bit of news. Anyway, this was our annual trek, and all in all, not much different from other years. We did our walk-around as soon as we got there: went to most of the animal barns and saw nothing new. They did have a display for kids that was set up like a little farm, which was new and rather cute: if you were a grammar-school aged child! We didn't feel too badly when we saw their garden wasn't in much better shape than ours is--so much for trying to grow anything in the cold! I was very disappointed that there wasn't anything going on in the birthing tent--there were a couple of cows in the center ring, but they didn't appear to be in labor. They didn't even have any newborn chicks, just eggs in the incubator. What a bust. After seeing the animals, we made our way to our favorite food vendor to eat. Don't know what they did this year, but neither one of us was happy with the food--and it takes a lot for us to be unhappy eating! We finished our walk-through and decided what to get to bring home and that was that. All together we were there about three hours, which is normal. My biggest disappointments were, of course, food related: I really can't eat caramel apples right now, with the braces, so I didn't get any to bring home; the braces keep me from eating taffy, so I didn't get any of that; this year (and I have been waiting for a year for this!) they didn't have the apple dumplings, which were to die for! So, while the whole experience was not much different than other years, there was a factor that was rather unfulfilling. Of course, the best part of the day was that we got to spend it together, doing something together. Can't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...