Monday, August 09, 2004

Time Goes On

It just doesn't seem possible that it is August already. I guess the time seems to go much faster now that I don't have kids to get ready for school. We did go out last week and bought most of the school supplies C.'s girls need. They seemed to be real happy with them. I think we will get them backpacks, too. I know they have backpacks already, but we thought we would get really good ones from LL Bean, so they will last for more than a year.

Anyway, C. was down here last week with the kids and stopped in to see us. Of course, the baby is just that: a baby, so he didn't do much more than eat and sleep. The two oldest ones seem to be so big and mature next to the babies. With both of them in school this year, at least C. will have a bit of a break during the day. Noelle, however, is just plain fun. Kids around a year old are just so fun to be around--if they aren't your own! She just was laughing and performing all of her "tricks" for us--after all, she had a new, captive audience! Such fun. I still don't know how C. manages with the FOUR kids--I do admire the fact she is managing and doesn't seem to be ready for the purple, padded room. I know for a fact I never could have handled having four kids--I guess that is why I never had four kids.

Haven't been doing too much out of the ordinary here. I've been doing a little bit of sewing--trying to get some of the already-started projects out of the way. We have a wedding to go to over Labor Day weekend and I was going to make something for that, but I decided I didn't need to bring any more new stuff into my sewing room. Hopefully, I will get some of my projects done this winter--thought I was going to get them done last winter, and didn't. Oh, well.

Time to get going. Will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...