Sunday, August 29, 2004

Sunday Meanderings

Not much on mind today--but then, is there ever? :) It is quite chilly outside and I am enjoying every minute of it. I can't wait till it is cold enough to put the furnace going again--I guess I'm just plain weird.

I really should run to the grocery store, but I can't decide what time would be best. The students are back in town and it will be a zoo out there. You would think admission into a university would imply a certain degree of intelligence, but most of these students couldn't be too bright because they don't know how to read! At least they don't know how to read street signs! Eventually, they figure out how to drive in this town and then we get snow--and it starts all over again. I wonder if they could pass a law to force them to take a driving test before allowing them to operate a motorized vehicle in the city limits? Although, that wouldn't help because we still have the idiots on their bicycles--even better are the imbeciles who ride bicycles in the winter! And all year we have the tourists who could use some instruction on driving and the rules of the road. Oh, well, I guess they will give a driver's license to just about anyone--after all, they gave one to me, didn't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...