Sunday, August 22, 2004

Windows SP2

Well, I forgot to turn off automatic update, and Windows SP2 was downloaded and installed on this computer. I had read that there were some problems with SP2, so I wasn't going to install it for a couple of weeks until some of the bugs were worked out, but it's too late now. I guess I could uninstall, but I'll just see how things go. I don't want to tempt the computer gods into doing bad things, but so far I haven't seen any real problems. Some things ARE different--I think getting mail and surfing the net are a bit slower, but with the firewall, pop-up blocker, and anti-virus going on, of course things will be slower. If I find it too slow, I'll just do some tweaking and turn off the firewall and/or anti-virus, etc. After all, the protection that Windows has now is just backup for me: I already have virus protection and a firewall. Oh, well, I'll just have to see how things go.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox as my web browser for a few weeks now and I really like it. It is as easy to use as Internet Explorer, but it has some neat features IE doesn't have. There have only been a few web sites I have had problems with, and they seem to be Microsoft related--go figure! :) Anyway, I think I'll keep using Firefox as my main browser and only use IE when I have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...