Thursday, July 14, 2005

Register To Use...

Some of the sites on the Web have been requiring registration before you can access all areas of the site. Newspapers online are big on requiring registration; i. e., The New York Times, New York Post, etc. A lot of people, myself included, don't feel it is necessary to register and give personal info to every site asking for it, but that means not being able to surf some sites. Well, there is a little program called BugMeNot that can help. If you are using IE, just copy the address of the site you want to enter and go to the BugMeNot website and have a login name and password generated for you to use. It is a whole lot easier to use than it is to explain. The site has a tutorial, etc., to explain how to use it. There is no download required.

There is also an extension for those who use Firefox and the whole process is even easier! All that is needed is to right click on the login box and choose "Use BugMeNot" and you are automatically logged in to the site. Just another good reason to use Firefox: ease of use!

Hopefully this will stop anyone from grumbling under their breath at me when I post a link that can't be opened without a login name! (I have the tendency to do that every so often. SORRY!) :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    No need for apologies, my friend! You're always quick to explain, and that makes it much easier. I also shared the site with my sister, who loved it too. Thanks again, for sharing. You always have something interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...