Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reason #3645 For Staying Away From My Family

While talking to C. the other night, I mentioned I was getting the guest list together for the up-coming wedding, so that I could send it to A. (Sidenote: I cannot for the life of me understand why I don't have the guest lists from C.'s first wedding or either of the graduation open houses. I don't EVER throw that kind of stuff away! I have MY wedding guest list and 3/4 of THOSE people are dead--no chance they will show up if invited, I hope.) Anyway, I said how my list will be rather small: just close friends and closest relatives from both sides. I figured it didn't matter if I left some relatives off the list because A. will have to go over the list with The Mother for her approval, and she can let it be known who else needs to be invited. I DON'T want to be the one with final approval and be blamed if someone isn't invited! Then C. told me her latest story from up there: She had a Pampered Chef party. She invited my first cousin's wife to come to the party. This took place while they were waiting to pick up their kids from the same swimming lessons. The party came and went and C. got reprimanded by my aunt (the cousin's mother), through The Mother, for not inviting the sister of the cousin (her daughter). Did you all understand that? Never mind if you didn't--this just goes to show how utterly screwed up my family is and only one of the reasons I am happy to have almost nothing to do with them.

(For full disclosure and total truth purposes: I don't actually have a list of the reasons to stay away from my family--3645 just seemed like a fairly reasonable number. Without a doubt, I am sure there are very many more reasons than 3645!) :)

1 comment:

  1. I feeeeeeeeel "GRRRRRRRRR" for you! I'm sure C appreciates the help, however. Not understanding who "A" is and why "A" would need final approval from the Mother... Still here for ya, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...