Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Games...You Say You Want Games?

Unfortunately, I waste time way too often. And I must admit one of my favorite ways to waste time is by playing games--electronic games. I love the Zelda series and own every one of the Nintendo machines so that I can play each of the games. I always thought I would become a computer gamer if I got a powerful enough system, but that just never happened, even though I had a "cutting-edge technology" machine--I guess I have too many other things I like to do more on the computer. However, I do have two games (other than solitaire) I love to waste my time with on the computer.

I got addicted to Snood the first time I played it. It is a great game to play if you don't want to think too hard for awhile--although, you can also plan strategy if you want to have a bit of a mental workout, too. This is something you can play for hours or just play a game or two if you have a few free minutes. As I said, I find Snood to be highly addictive. You can download a 30 day trial version here, and it only costs $15 to buy the game. I have received every upgrade for free since I bought it several years ago.

The other "game" I play is the Living Scenes jigsaw puzzles. Jigsaw puzzles on the computer are fine--I have done them for many years on Shockwave. However, these puzzles are very different: they are puzzles of moving scenes--for example: a picture of fish swimming underwater. It is quite unusual and I might not be explaining it very well, but the "moving" puzzles are quite challenging and very fun. A 30 day free trial of Living Scenes puzzles can be downloaded here. The cost for this program is $29 for volume 1 or $44 for both volumes 1 & 2. Seems a bit pricey, but you can download a free (motionless) puzzle every week, so that kind of offsets some of the cost.

1 comment:

  1. I used to play Ultima Online. Used to be the greatest game ever invented (to me). You were wishing you had words of wisdom for me. Girl, I can't tell you how thoughtful and reassuring your words were! Thanks so much. Oh, I meant to comment on groucho marx yesterday, was trying to think of something witty, then went on to another subject & forgot all about it. Seems like Truman or Roosevelt once said, after being reprimanded by a woman for being "drunk" at a dinner party, "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet." Or something like that. Have a great day. And thanks again...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...