Sunday, July 03, 2005

Being Right-handed With A Left-handed Brain

I began my life as a left-hander. I was encouraged (I won't say "forced" because I have enough to be pissed off at The Mother about) to use my right hand so as not to be "different." The trouble is, I still think left-handed in many ways. When we played baseball as children, I found it just as easy to bat left-handed as right. Whenever I pick up a guitar (I don't play), it seems more comfortable to hold it as a lefty than as a right-hander. Whenever I do any hand sewing, I seem to sew in the direction of a lefty. I am slightly ambidextrous and know I could be much better if I practiced, but I really have not had the need till now. Just another slightly interesting fact about me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know that about you! I've heard of parents doing that. You said you have not had the need to be ambidextrous until now. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be left-handed. Being different is AWESOMENESS!! I think left-handedly now and then, too, tho I've never been left-handed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just re-read the post and I cannot figure out WHAT I was thinking! It definitely sounds as if I NEED to be left-handed for a reason--nothing is further from the truth! Sorry for the misunderstanding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...