Sunday, July 31, 2005

A Wandering Mind

Just letting my mind do a little bit of wandering:

--Our cat is showing her first signs of getting old: she's starting to drool when she's content.

--At the last minute, K. decided to plant a garden this year. It doesn't seem as if it really matters one way or the other 'cause the chipmunks have taken and chewed on all of the green tomatoes. No BLTs with home grown tomatoes this year.

--There are two movies I REALLY want to see: Serenity (scifi) and March of the Penguins (documentary). Unfortunately, I probably won't get to see either one for almost a year, or whenever they make it to HBO, Showtime, etc.

--I am always battling different kinds of bugs in this house, but this year is really something. We have an infestation of tiny moths, beetles of all sizes, and spiders on steroids. Yep, those spiders have been doing SOMETHING, 'cause they are bigger than they ever have been before.

--The construction continues. What I don't understand is this: Why can't people obey signs? Big signs declare "ROAD CLOSED" and there are barricades across 2/3 of the street, yet people drive right through as if everything was normal. The road is down to (barely) one lane and is open to residents only, but some people seem to think signs don't pertain to them.

--C. and her family were in town and stopped in today. While I love seeing them--the kids are adorable :)--having six extra people in this house is something I am not used to. K. and I lead a very quiet life, just the two of us and the cat, so it is a little unnerving to have that many extra people around. Our place is not child-proofed, so I have to make sure the babies don't get into anything to hurt themselves. K. does his part by carrying whichever little one wants to be carried, just as he did with our kids. By the time they leave, we are exhausted! (And, no, I don't follow the kids around so they don't destroy any of my "precious" stuff, I just worry about them getting hurt.) It would be nice if we could just put things away from their reach, but that is an impossibility--at least we can close doors to SOME of the rooms they don't need to be in!

--We finally had a good thunderstorm today. We really haven't had many storms this year--we are in drought conditions--so it was nice to have rain for a change. Unfortunately the weather is supposed to get hot again this coming week, so we'll have to see if the drought continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...