Friday, July 22, 2005

Groucho Marx Was a Genius

So many times I have wished to be intellectually clever. It would be so nice to be able to cut someone down to size without yelling, threatening, or using vulgar language, right? I know, I know, that is not a good attitude, but there ARE times when you just have to "zing" someone--it's much better than punching them out! Groucho Marx was capable of using words to show how utterly ridiculous something was--and he used humor with a sarcastic twist. Some people might have been able to appreciate his cleverness and seen the error of their ways, and others could not. Here is a great example of "zinging" someone with words when, I'm sure, he would have wanted to do some slapping upside the head, and the response of someone not finding Groucho the least bit funny. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...