Friday, March 27, 2009

Nothing Much

I haven't been posting lately simply because not much has been happening. As I have said so many times in the past, my life is NOT exciting at all. But, I will do a bit of rambling, so here goes.

----------

We are leaving in the morning for a road trip. Just one of our usual overnighters to shop and have dinner with friends. Even though we just got home from vacation, it will still be good to get out of town.

----------

Went out and bought a new vacuum last night. It is a sad commentary on my life when new appliances cause such excitement for me, but that's the way it is. :D K came with me and I wound up getting a Dyson--even though I was all set to get a much cheaper Bissell. I think I like it, even though I have never been a big fan of upright vacuums--I have always preferred canister vacs, but they are hard to find these days. Anyway, the new vac has done a great job on the cat fur. I vacuum almost every day just to keep up with the shedding, but the Dyson picked up even more--I'm quite impressed. And here is what the thing looks like:


Dysons certainly look like something out of a sci-fi movie, don't they?

----------

There are two player names in the NHL this year that make me giggle whenever I hear them:

Cal Clutterbuck (Minnesota Wild)
and
John Oduya (New Jersey Devils)

I always wonder how many times an announcer has COMPLETELY screwed up the pronounciation of Clutterbuck--especially after having a few adult beverages. (And the way some of the announcers have trouble talking, you KNOW they indulge during the games!)

The name Oduya is pronounced oh-DOO-ya. I always think it should be pronounced like a question. The name just makes me smile! :)

-----------

I have only seen these in person once--and that was once too often. I can't say anymore--I'll just post the picture.


If you really must, here is the site where you can buy these--in WAY too many colors.

----------

While I absolutely adore Valtteri Filppula, as a player he doesn't come close to my favorite, Pavel Datsyuk--although he DOES show some promise to be a Datsyuk-type player. (He's still young and has time to get more 'Datsyukian' in time.) Anyway, every game I watch makes me more in awe of Datsyuk and the things he can do on the ice. I would pay just to watch the man do his pre-game warm-ups or practice drills. And this short video is a great example of what he can do:



Absolutely amazing!

12 comments:

  1. My son-in-law had a Clutterbuck jersey on the other day. I like that name too-just fun to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your little trip, The Dyson is the greatest vacuum EVER and I think bumper-nuts are CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY hesitated to buy a Dyson, as we have gotten rid of so much of the carpeting because of my allergies. Now that I have it, I wish I wouldn't have waited so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most exciting thing that I've done recently is buy a brand new washer~dryer combo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. New appliances just make my day--week--month--year? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:03 PM

    being very practical and functional minded, I always enjoy getting new toys especially vacuums. Great suction is very satisfying.

    I saw the balls first time several months ago. Disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like getting new gadgets so much because I can't find clothes these days! ;)

    I'm STILL trying to figure out WHO buys the truck balls. There seems to be certain parts of the country where they are more prevalent, but I don't know where. I want to avoid those areas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Have you not seen them swinging on the road ways? I actually had my camera and snapped a picture but too blurry to post. At first I looked and looked questioning what I was seeing. I couldn't believe my eyes. What are people trying to say with those? Knockers remixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only seen these one time in person--once too many, I might add! And that was in a parking lot. I NEVER knew these things existed till a couple of months ago--and now I wish I didn't EVER hear about/see them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:20 AM

    I've never seen one of those bumper nuts in person. How immature. Maybe we should get bumper boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe I have read that there are bumper uteri (uteruses?) that can be bought. I think I'll pass on THAT idea, too!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...