Monday, March 16, 2009

What A Relief

The game today proved that the Wings haven't forgotten how to play the game the right way--they beat the Blue Jackets 4-0. This wound up being Ozzie's 49th career shutout and he now is tied for 11th place on the all time victory list. And he looked good doing it! The Wings were the first team to clinch a playoff spot and now have made the playoffs for a record 17 years in a row. They also are the first team to top 100 points nine straight seasons. And it was rather nice that they were able to do it while showing that Mason is human, after all. Revenge was so sweet.

The sad note today: my Baby Boy is day-to-day with a back strain. Why this happened is anyone's guess--he didn't take a hit or anything. So, he has to rest and hopefully be better sooner rather than later. Almost one year ago, to the day, VF had knee/hip problems and was out of the lineup for several games. I guess this time of year isn't exactly lucky for him! Thinking good thoughts and hoping he will be back this week--although I don't think it will be as soon as Tuesday when they play Philadelphia.


--Detroit Red Wings' Chris Osgood, left, makes a save against Columbus Blue Jackets' Manny Malhotra during the second period of an NHL hockey game Sunday, March 15, 2009, in Columbus, Ohio. The Red Wings beat the Blue Jackets 4-0. (AP Photo)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...