Monday, April 04, 2005

I'm Baaaaack!

We got home a few hours ago from a most enjoyable weekend. It was so nice to see people we haven't seen in years. I very much enjoyed getting to know--at least a little--the grown-up children of friends of mine. It is so nice to see the next generation is off to a good start.

While K. and I enjoyed the whirlpool suite we stayed in, we have decided it isn't worth the extra money. When we go out of town, we are just too busy to enjoy the time needed to relax in the whirlpool. However, we love having the "suite" part--the extra room , sofa, frig, and microwave are very nice to have. Might have to continue getting suites.

Now, while I am tired and slightly headachy from too much wine, I will get on with my bitchiness--must get it out of my system. :)

About the wedding:

--The mother of the bride wore an off-white lace dress. I thought this was NOT proper as the bride should be the only one wearing a shade of white. I don't know, just an observation.

--I felt we were in the land where old prom hair goes to die. Everyone from the bride's mother to the flower girl had hair that was curled, teased, and shellaced to within an inch of its life--all in styles not seen on anyone in 15 years or longer. Hmmm.

--While the women in the bride's family are very healthy looking--some more than a few pounds OVER healthy--I have never seen so many young and old men that are so skinny. And skinny isn't even the best word. There wouldn't have to be enough of a breeze to move a feather to knock one of these men over. NEVER have I seen such skinny men.

--The reception was, unfortunately, reminiscent of those I remember from growing up. The bride spent most of the evening on the dance floor--usually with the bridesmaids--and the groom mainly hung around the bar with his groomsmen. Every 30-45 minutes the bride and groom would dance, but they mostly were not with each other. Another hmmmm.

--The bride's mother and father left the reception almost an hour before it was over. A way to get out of helping clean up afterwards?

--And, finally, the star of the whole show was a Navy buddy of the bride's brother. A cuter, happier, friendlier person you have never seen. He was adorable and everyone fell in love with him just a little bit.

And now for my final rant before I close to feed the cat for the second time tonight:

--This morning we went for breakfast and got seated next to THE MOST IRRITATING WOMAN ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!!!!!!! First, she wore her sunglasses in the restaurant, as if she was a celebrity. Her voice was only SLIGHTLY less annoying than Fran Drescher's--not quite as nasally. Her pretentious attitude was bordering on condescension of her dining companions--in-laws, I think. She weighed about 95 pounds and had her clothes so tight they looked like they were painted on, so she had to walk through the restaurant just to make sure everyone would notice her. (She had no reason to walk through the restaurant other than to go and look at the muffins to see if she wanted one.) And to top it all off, she ordered her breakfast of strawberry waffles and a muffin TO GO. She wanted to take the food with her--presumably so she could be close enough to a bathroom when she stuck her finger down her throat after eating. If you haven't figured it out yet, she irritated the hell out of me! :)

So, on that note, I will close for now. Hopefully I will be in a much better frame of mind when I do my next post! It is good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. I believe etiquette says only the bride should be wearing white. I believe common sense also says, so I have to agree with you. Did you take pictures of anyone's hair? Hee hee. I would think the bride & groom would be inseparable, so I agree with all your 'hmmms.'

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...