Thursday, April 21, 2005

What Are Noogies?

On Monday, we had a record high temperature of 79 degrees. Today it is so cold that I'm freezing my noogies off. (Don't know what noogies might be, but if I have them they are freezing!) :) The forecast is even calling for snow over the weekend--which I told everyone would happen. The beginning of April is WAY too early for us to have the last snowfall of the season.

I have been thinking about what television character I would like as a friend and I finally came up with my first one: Lorelei Gilmore from the Gilmore Girls. She is the type of person you could have as a best friend and do all the best friend stuff with: have pajama parties, watch chick flicks, eat ice cream to help with depression, and tell your deepest, darkest secrets to. The character is quirky, smart, funny, compassionate and has just as much emotional baggage to deal with as is appropriate for a friend of mine to have. (A friend can't have more baggage than me, otherwise, we would never get around to MY problems.) Definitely Lorelei Gilmore is a friend worth having.

2 comments:

  1. AliciaD11:29 AM

    unless their baggage prompts them not to share their baggage. Then you would still be focused on you most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chrkos3:09 PM

    So true. However, I DID make the 'friend can't have more baggage than me...' comment very tongue-in-cheek. I REALLY am not that self-absorbed--at least not most of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...