Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Payback's a Bitch

You reap what you sow--what goes around, comes around--revenge is sweet. The Mother's Curse is alive and working--and I just laughed myself silly! The story follows.

C. called today and I could barely hear her because of the screaming and crying in the background. Asked her what was going on and she said Noelle was having a temper tantrum. What about, I asked. Well, she had a royal fit because her mother took her in from being outside! C. said she was afraid Social Services (or whatever it is called these days) was going to be knocking at her door because Noelle was acting like she was being beaten to within an inch of her life. (And she was sure she saw the neighbors peeking out their windows to see who was getting killed.) All I could do was laugh and say, "You are getting paid back for all YOU did!" C. acted the exact same way at the same age, so it is nice to see the "I hope you have children that act just like you" curse is still working! At least C. has a sense of humor about the whole thing--she admits she was a brat and can see why she is getting it with her own kids. :)

2 comments:

  1. But, were YOU that way when you were small? And wouldn't we all rather that it would skip a generation?
    -smd

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Did you ever hear this one: "I brought you into this world and I can take you out"? I heard a mom say that to her kid & boy did it bring back memories!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...