Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Bunch Of Stuff

Some things going on in my life:

Grace had a doctor's appointment last week and she only gained one ounce. C has to give her supplemental formula so that she can gain a bit faster. Other than that, she is doing well.

C had to see the doctor again last week because she had a bad reaction to one of the blood thinners she was taking. Because of this and the fact that all of the tests they did for a blood-clotting disorder came back negative (just as they did a few years ago when they ran them the last time), she is going to have to see the hematologist sooner than she thought. Maybe this doctor will be able to come up with some answers as to what is going on with her. At least, thankfully, she is feeling fine and whatever might be wrong probably won't affect her life other than during/after pregnancies--hopefully.

I have officially declared myself a pretty cool grandma! I received our oldest granddaughter's Christmas gift the other day and it is quite neat. I ordered her an mp3 player and I think it is going to be a big hit with her. I love being able to actually know what is going on with modern technology and to be able to buy gifts that the kids might actually want.

We took one of our road trips last week and managed to get some shopping done. I think we did rather well, but we still have more to go. I only have to get one more of the 'bigger' gifts for one of the grandkids--I have all of the rest of the kids taken care of. Other than the kids, we really don't do a whole lot of gift-giving. I stopped doing that when my family started to treat me like something they wanted to scrape off the bottom of their shoes!

We were going to go shopping again this week, but the weather doesn't look as if it will co-operate, so it might not happen. I really like to get my Christmas shopping done in the stores before Thanksgiving--it just is way too crazy afterwards. And I don't particularly care for the season, so it is doubly bad for me to be in the stores during the month of December.

While we haven't really gotten snow--just a few flurries--we have had several days of high wind warnings this past week (and today.) I found this to be a bit spooky--after all, last week was the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald. (Here is a website dedicated to the tragedy.) True, the winds haven't been quite as strong as they were then, they still are whipping around pretty good. I even had to call our neighbors and let them know that their house was 'falling apart'--I think they lost a soffit or part of the eave.

And, finally, I'm still trying to reprogram my sleep habits. I have had limited success, but I still am doing a bit better than I was. I actually manage to get to bed at night, so that is good! I just have to work at it some more.

2 comments:

  1. I still pray for C & Baby Grace. Glad to hear C's feeling better. Wow. You're a waaaaaay cool Grandma!
    Sounds like you've been a night owl for so long it may take a while to "re-adjust" your sleeping patterns. Good luck with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify: I DEFINITELY did NOT get the granddaughter an iPod! I'm not THAT cool. :)

    Grace is being watched to see if she isn't eating enough--C might have to give up on the breast-feeding.

    C will--finally--be seeing the hematologist the beginning of December. Hope they can find some answers.

    (Still working on the sleep.) :)

    Thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...