Thursday, November 03, 2005

Just Waiting

I was going to wait till there was some definitive answer before posting about what is going on with C, but heaven only knows when THAT will happen. I guess I just kind of left things up in the air, so I will tell the latest.

I posted how C had to go to the ER because of blood clots in her arms. Well, she went to see her own doc later last week and he doesn't feel as if she should have gotten so many blood clots from having the IVs in the hospital--this just isn't "normal." He feels as if she may have some sort of congenital blood clotting disorder and is having tests done--then she will have to see a hemotologist to decide where to go with the info. The thing is, she went through all of this testing after Noelle was born--they wanted to know why she had lousy pregnancies--and they didn't find out anything. I don't know how they think this time will show anything different, but we will wait and see. Right now the doc is trying to regulate her meds--blood thinners--so she has to have blood drawn every day till her "numbers" are where they should be. (I have no idea WHAT the numbers indicate, but this is what is going on.) So, we wait, again! Story of my life. :) Of course, I am not the one who needs comforting or anything---after all, it is C who has the problems--but I am a mother and I do worry. And, to a lesser degree, they might find a genetic disorder and it might indicate the need for testing, etc. for me, K, and our other daughter, A. I'm not that concerned about myself as I haven't had any indication of anything serious, but I do worry about A and what will happen when she starts having kids. Time will tell, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know I'm still praying for C. It's terrible she's having such a hard time!
    I sure hope she's still able to enjoy the new baby. Must be overwhelming for her, though. My thoughts are with ya. And thank you so much for wishing me happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...