Sunday, February 26, 2006

An Olympian To Be Proud Of

My last post was all about bawling out the Olympians who pissed and moaned and were just very ungracious this year. This post is about one of the (few) US athletes who very much deserves our respect.

Joey Cheek is a speedskater who won a gold and silver medal at the games. He then took his prize money--amounting to a total of $40,000--and donated it all to charity. He was grateful for everyone who helped him achieve the chance to go to the Olympics and compete, and he wanted to give something back. A really good guy. Read the story here.

If only more of the US athletes could have been as unselfish as Joey Cheek, maybe more people would have actually followed the games. We can only hope things will be better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...