Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On Hockey and Critters in the Basement

Both the US and Canadian hockey teams lost in the quarterfinals today, so that leaves me with Team Finland to cheer on. If they lose before playing for the gold, I don't care who wins. Sounds too much like a poor loser, hey? Oh, well. ;)

So, I'm sitting in the kitchen and both the cat and I were having our breakfast when we hear crashing in the basement. Of course, my big, bad, meat-eating cat immediately ran upstairs to save herself--can't believe she is a relative of the King of the Jungle lion--and I woke K up so he could protect me! Even though he had been sleeping only a few hours (he is on night shift), he was very good about going to look at what the commotion was. After a thorough search of the basement, he found NOTHING! Several hours later, before he left for work, he went and looked again and still found nothing. Now I have to wonder all night about what may be in our basement and keep an eye out for anything that might be lurking in the corners. Oh, happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...