Friday, February 17, 2006

Cuteness, Snow Storm, and Dog Sled Races

A few unrelated things:

If you haven't visited CuteOverload.com recently--or ever--it is time to go there. I DEFY anyone to look at the pictures and NOT go "AWWWWWWW!" My house would be FULL of animals of all kinds if they all were that small and that cute! :)

We are now in the second day of a winter storm. There are heavy snows, high winds, blowing and drifting snow, near-zero visibility, and wind-chills in the -30 to -40 degree range. Our house is a bit too close to the lake, so we don't get quite as much snow as the higher elevations in the county do, but it still is quite nasty out there. I am sure K will have to take the Jimmy to work if he wants to actually make it.

The annual dog sled race is supposed to get underway on Friday. It might seem a bit strange to say, but the weather might actually cause problems. The blowing and drifting will make the trails very messy and the temps definitely will not be good for the dogs or the mushers. This is a big deal in the area here, so I hope things will be okay. I'm just glad I won't have to be out in the bad weather. Good luck to all who venture out--better you than me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...