Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snow Statues

Michigan Technological University is situated WAAAAY up north in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Tech is well known as a very good engineering school and those engineering students came up with a way to help the time pass during the winter AND celebrate winter carnival: build snow statues! The workmanship and detail that is put into all of the creations is absolutely astounding. Mere pictures can't do justice to them. When you see the statues in person, you are amazed and awed. As winter carnival 2006 ended last weekend, you can't get to see the statues in person this year, so here are pictures of the winners. But, if you ever find your way up north during the winter carnival, make sure you stop and see the statues.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodnes that's amazing! I love looking at things like that, including sand sculpting. Thanks for posting the site!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...