Saturday, February 18, 2006

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE

Just finished watching the men's hockey game between Canada and Switzerland and the Swiss shut out the Canadians 2-0!!!!! I cannot believe what I saw! The Canadians had (at least) 26 shots on goal the third period to 1 shot on goal by the Swiss--and the Swiss still won! The goaltender for the Swiss was amazing--he was like SUPER GOALTENDER. There just is no way to even imagine who might win the gold after seeing a game like this.

Add this game to the I-can't-believe-I-just-saw-that category, along with the women's game from yesterday. Yes, the US women lost to Sweden--another unbelievable happening. However, I don't think the US women played as well as they did the other day. We'll see if they can play well enough to get the bronze medal.

Then, of course, we have to discuss snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis and her screw-up that cost her the gold yesterday. She had the gold medal in her hands when she decided to show off for the crowd--before the race was finished--and fell, allowing the Swiss snowboarder Tanja Frieden to race ahead and win. Let's hope Lindsey can do great things four years from now or she will always be remembered as the girl who "show-offed" her way to losing at the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...