Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics

I am not a person who watches a lot of the Olympics. There was a time when I feel almost anyone could have been an Olympic athlete--it just took a lot of hard work and determination. Today, it seems as if you have to be a professional at your sport in order to compete. It just isn't the same when you realize how small of an elite crowd actually gets to be an Olympian--no matter how much a person might want it, they are not very likely to be on an Olympic team.

That little rant said, I now have to do some praising of the Olympics--at least one of the sports. Today, K and I watched the women's ice hockey game against Finland. To say I was excited and thrilled at the skill of these women, is putting it mildly. If I wouldn't have known better, I would have thought they were the men's team playing. It was as good of a game as I have ever seen. It is predicted that the U.S. and Canadian women's teams are the ones to beat to get the gold. On the 17th and the 20th the next women's games are being played--the 20th being the finals. If you want to see good hockey, be sure to watch. (By the way, the U.S beat Finland by a score of 7 to 3--with 4 goals scored in the third period.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...